Friday, August 17, 2007

Philip Johnson Glass House Selects OHO as Web Agency



OHO has just become the web agency for the Philip Johnson Glass House (www.philipjohnsonglasshouse.org) – part of the National Trust. I couldn't be more thrilled.

The Glass House is in my home town of New Canaan, CT. I remember peeking over the stone wall to get a glimpse of the house when it was still Johnson's private residence. (We were yelled at by the caretaker to "Get out of here.") And, I've always had a passion for modern architecture and design – in the 8th grade I wrote a "paper" on Johnson's famous post-modern AT&T building in New York City.

In 1993, my parents gave me a copy of the then recently published book on the Glass House complied by David Whitney. They purchased it at the New Canaan Book Store signing attended by the architect and the author. The inscriptions reads: "With best wishes in the graphic design! – Philip Johnson and David Whitney." It's strange to be entrusted with representing a portion of his most private legacy on the internet.

OHO will take over the work begun by Pentagram to enhance the interactive elements of the site and provide a more robust content management solution. The Glass House has also selected our web-based press room, MediaBridge, to handle the massive press inquiries.

Labels: